Whether a gardening novice looking for guidance or a keen gardener interested in pursuing some new ideas in a well-established garden, landscape consultations offer a simple way to begin tackle a project where detailed plans or more comprehensive design services aren't required. Consultations walking the gardens and property with Ben are focused specifically on the existing conditions of a landscape and how best to make the client's goals a reality, in a way they may perhaps not have originally imagined.
Some of the products of this process can include:
- lists of recommended plants ( see photo below )
- detailed maintenance plans
- horticultural best practice advice for specific situations ( i.e. pruning, garden preparation, soil amendments etc. )
- informal on-site layout of different garden design ideas
- introductions to professional contacts who may be able to assist in other components of the project